Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Friday, August 22, 2003

Hepatitis T

Today when I was at Peet's buying my daily latte (when did I switch from Starbucks to Peet's? I'm becoming less bebop and more bobo), there was a big, long, winding line. It wound all the way over to the merchandise, and I did a double take when I saw one of the boxes of tea out of the corner of my eye. It looked like it said "Hepatitis C." Only when I looked again did I see that it said "Hibiscus C." I feel like letting Peet's Herbals know that their tea brought to my mind horrible liver disease and jaundice. I wonder how many bobos across the USA have had the same reaction? Even if only 0.01% of their customers make the connection, that still might be thousands of dollars lost in sales that could have been avoided if they had called the tea something more innocuous. Maybe "Citrus Hibiscus," or "Tropical C." Whatever, I wasn't going to buy it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home