Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Monday, December 22, 2003

So for the very first time I caught a nasty virus from a guy. Thanks, David, for giving me the buddypicture.net virus!! I guess I'm the loser for clicking the link though. I am curious to a fault.

So... to get rid of it, I searched my computer for files that had a "created date" withing the past 2 days, since I knew more or less when I had contracted the disease. This wouldn't work for someone who does a lot of computer work... for me the list was about 70 files long. Ony one .exe file in the whole list. Pretty easy to spot it... av.exe. The little fucker!

So then I tried to delete it, but it said the program was running. Aha! I went to task manager, and ended the program under the process tab. Then I could delete the file and empty my recycle bin.

I know this really isn't anything to brag about... it's a simple thing to do, but this program has been nipping at my butt for the past 2 days, and all my friends are impossibly computer savvy, so anything I can do to establish my own techie self-sufficiency is major. Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home