Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Emergency chicken shortage!!

So on Sunday night I went to Le Beau to buy some outrageously expensive chicken. My little corner market is, well... around the corner, but I pay for the location with the $$ food that's there. So chicken breasts are something like $6.50/lb.

...unless there are none, because of MAD COW.

It was crazy. No chicken breasts, and very few eggs. Hmm. I didn't put two and two together until I went to Safeway the following night and Safeway was all out of chicken breasts as well.

Allow me to repeat: SAFEWAY WAS OUT OF CHICKEN BREASTS. They were running dangerously low on thighs, drumsticks, and giblets as well. No turkey breasts. Sorry.

Here's what I think happened:
a) there's a chicken shortage due to chickens dying from chicken flu
b) people are buying more chicken than normal because of mad cow
c) new year's resolutions to eat fewer Big Macs and more grilled chicken

So it's gonna be fish fish fish until San Francisco markets can locate some good poultry. RGAHHA I need chicken!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home