Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Today is a scrub-a-licious day! Normally I don't get to wear scrubs at work... but when my street clothes are reduced to a soppy, soggy mess by the elements (aka rain, the only element in Northern California), I pull on the good ol' dry scrubs. How did I get so wet? Well...

I couldn't find my umbrella this morning, and I was running late, so I just had to go without. Even though the walking part of my commute is only six blocks, in a downpour it's easy to get soaked in six blocks.

And what a downpour it was! I've never seen anything like it, honest to God. Naturally, the worst of it came right as the bus pulled up to my stop. The air was so dense with drops it looked like thick fog. It was so ridiculous I laughed aloud! A woman in a soaking sari turned around to see who had laughed, and she asked me, "Is this your stop?" I answered yes, and volunteered that I didn't have an umbrella either. And then, with a sage and wistful look that had seen many a monsoon season, she told me, "In this rain, an umbrella will not help."

Shirley Manson is psycho... I'm seldom happy when it rains. Very, very seldom. But I've always found that a sucky Wednesday paves the way for an awesome weekend, so I'll just suck it up and dry it off for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home