Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Friday, March 05, 2004

Radio personalities I'm tired of:

Tom Shane.
Excerpt: "Now YOU have a friend in the diamond business. The Shane Company! Open weekdays until 8, Saturday and Sunday till 5, and online, at shaneco dot com."
Mr. Shane, the odd syncopation of your voice is stuck in my head forever. I had a nightmare about you last night. I also don't appreciate you playing yourself off as a local businessman, when my friend Meghan from Michigan told me that they have Shane Co stores out there too.

Pat St. John from Trader Joe's.
"The winner in the 'why didn't we think of that sooner' category is, without a doubt, our new crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. Of course we had regular Gorgonzola before..."
Guess what. WE DON'T CARE.

That guy from Shreve and Co Jewelers.
"Now's the perfect time to buy a Hearts on Fire diamond from Shreve and Co jewelers!"
Sir, I guarantee you it is not the perfect time. It's spring, and girls everywhere are watching their friends get engaged and/or married, feeling inadequate, and staring at their naked ring finger. Please cease with the daily radio reminder of my marital status. Also, your voice sucks more than Tom Shane's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home