Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Time for a key change

Does knowing you have a spare key make you more careless, and more likely to lose your key? This is a question of the ages.

Regardless, I need to have a spare key around. My talent for losing keys is legendary, whether or not there is a spare. Last week, post-loss, I went to the hardware store to grab a few copies to have around in case of emergency (read: lose in my room). The key master was making about ten copies of one key for someone; I waited semi-patiently until a voice behind me piped up, "Sorry, I'm taking forever with my order."

I turned around; it was a Cute Guy. He smiled at me. We chatted a little bit, and then the conversation turned to keys as it usually does in the key department of a hardware store. We looked at cool key rings available for purchase. It went something like this:

Cute Guy: "What about that one?"
Alli: "Yeah, like a whistle on your key ring is gonna save your life."
CG: "I know. Wow, he's still on my order!"
A: "Serious, that really is a lot of keys."
CG: "Yeah, well, gotta do it right! I don't believe in doing anything halfway."
A: "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well."
CG: "Exactly!"
A: "You're going balls deep in key making!"
CG: ...

He kinda laughed, but it wasn't the same after that. He paid for his keys and left. Either he had never heard 'balls deep' before, or our relationship was just too new for that. Didn't we have a connection? No? Sorry, my bad.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    I'm going to use that in class.
    jk.
    ....well, no.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home