Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Mad dash

There's nothing better than a relaxing Saturday morning with a grande Americano, an open schedule, and a crazy race against the clock to wash your car.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm talking about the wild sport of coin-op car wash. Once the quarters are in the machine, it's four minutes of fast and furious scrubbing. The pros know all time-saving tricks, like not using the low pressure rinse and soap-- that's for wusses with weak wrists and extra quarters to waste. Now, four minutes isn't a long time to wash any car, even a little one like mine. I came through with three seconds to spare this morning, wasting a little extra time on some encrusted bird droppings but picking up bonus points for holding the spray gun thug-style. What will I do with the extra quarters? Maybe I'll spend them downstairs at Safeway in one of those sticker dispenser machines. You never know which one you'll get, but if I get the "Punk Princess" one it's SO going on my bumper. Umm...

Speaking of princesses... I was watching "Top 50 Fashion Don'ts" yesterday and some dude made a very true statement about tiaras. He said: "Women should wear tiaras more often. It's like an advertisiement: 'This relationship is not going to be easy. I'm a little high maintenance.'" Damn straight.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Alli said…

    The funny thing is when I saw a comment from "Tim" in my inbox I was like, oh SHIT how did Tim find my blog? He's a long story, but suffice it to say he's someone I didn't want to deal with. Thank goodness it was just a lame comment-spammer!

    A

     

Post a Comment

<< Home