Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Friday, June 23, 2006

perspective

I got a new driver's license photo this week. It's a good thing; in my old one I looked about fourteen (I was sixteen when it was taken) and I kept getting crap from my friends for it. Now I have a picture that looks like me... and an accurate height. I put my height as 5'7" on my first license because I was going off to college and I figured that, at sixteen and 5'5.5" I wasn't done growing. After all, my mom is about 5'7" and my dad is 6 foot something.

But no. I was done. Now my license says 5'6" instead-- I figure if my Pharm professor can round up then so can I. Anyway, the point is, I haven't grown an inch since high school. Why, then, does my old high school seem way smaller than I remember? Hallways I remember as cavernous and neverending are actually rather puny. Is it my exposure to larger campuses since? Or is it a matter of perspective: I'm older, and high school isn't 'scary' at all anymore?

Maybe I'm remembering hy alma mater the way I saw it as a freshman. 13 years old. I was pretty short at that point. Damn, I'm pretty short now. 5'5.5" isn't tall at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home