Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Gym Germophile

My new gym is definitely the most germ-conscious gym I've belonged to. After their cardio session, every gymgoer takes the time to spray a paper towel with yellow cleaner and wipe down the machine they just used. When I went to the gym the first time, I noticed other people doing it, and kind of went, "Oh," and I made a mental note to do it, too. It's kind of like when you go to a nice dinner, and you see other people holding their silverware in a weird way or using the little escargot clampy things, and you just say to yourself "Oh," and you do it too, pretending that's what you would have done if left to your own devices.

So I picked up the habit of hitting the sanitation station after each machine. I even do my friends in fitness one better, by wiping off the little buttons I might have pressed with my sweaty fingers on the screen! Tonight, I finished the detailing on the recumbent bike in time to see this big sweaty guy hop off the Precor, take the nasty sweaty rag off from his neck and wipe the machine with it. He then grinned and proudly presented it to the woman waiting in line for it. Like, "Here you go, lady! I even smeared around my man scent for you to enjoy."

Eugh. I think I got cooties just from seeing it happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home