Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fashiony girl

Last night as I was coming home on the Metro I saw a stylish girl get off at Cleveland Park. Her jacket caught my eye first, but then I saw her Citizens of Humanity jeans and Frye boots and realized I was dealing with a fashion pro... First of all, they were the same boots I was wearing, so I had to give her points. But it was more than that. Sure, she was comforming to a fashion formula, but it was one that isn't recognized here in DC. I admired that. She contrasted starkly with the cashmere swathed, Ugg-booted 'tantes of Georgetown, machines I've been raging against ever since I got here.

I was going to compliment her boots, but the friend I was with wouldn't know a Frye from a hamburger and probably would have thought I was being pretentious. And that's certainly not the point, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home