Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Monday, September 01, 2003

So I am sitting here listening to music on my computer with headphones, and wearing glasses (since I just woke up and haven't put my one contact lens in yet). And I suddenly realized how strange it is to have all this equipment on my head. Can you imagine any other animal in the world being comfortable with weird stuff in their ears and in front of their eyes? I've tried putting hats and glasses on my cat before. The cat just freaks out. But maybe it's not so much a case of human exceptionalism, but rather of becoming accustomed to the sensation of something new. Yeah, not that I think of it, that has to be it. For example, horses have bits in their mouths all the time, and I'm sure they don't like it, but they get used to it. Never mind, humans aren't so special. Carry on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home