Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Thursday, March 11, 2004

A funny story, for you.

Today I was running a little late, so I poured my breakfast (a smoothie) into a travel mug and sipped it on the way to the bus stop. One of my roommates lost the lid (you know who you are!) so I had to open-top it. Now, I've never had a problem with picky bus drivers, especially since all the morning 1 California drivers know me. I eat, drink, and am merry on the bus to work quite often. This morning, however, I met a new guy, a real stickler, too. Here's how it went.

Alli: Hi.
Driver: Hi.
Alli plunks down the fare
Driver: You can't take that on the bus. Points to cup.
Alli: Oh, please??
blank stare from bus driver
Alli: I won't drink any, I promise!
Driver: You need a lid.
Alli: defeated OK, can I have a transfer?
Driver hands Alli transfer, Alli gets off bus

At first, I was kinda miffed. Who does this guy think I am, some butterfingered klutz hellbent on ruining the fine rubber floor of his pristine bus? But whatever, I knew there was another bus right behind him that I could take. I just put my smoothie in my swim bag and boarded bus #2. When I got to my seat, I opened my bag, only to find... MY SMOOTHIE HAD SPILLED. Waaahhh! My swimsuit and towel, not to mention my beloved LeSportsac, were smoothie-d! I burst out laughing... Damnit, but bus driver #1 was right... I DID spill it!