Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Daylight Sucking Time

Twice a year, we screw with our clocks and run a very good risk of showing up an hour early or late for something important. Bill Gates has taken it upon himself to automatically adjust the time on my computer (thanks, dude!) which is a godsend for me, really. No other clocks under my possession change automatically, so I end up changing clocks here and there for a few days after the time changes. It's all very haphazard, which is what you should expect from me by this point, right?

The last clock to change, each and every season, is the clock on my car stereo. My long term memory must be about five months and 29 days long or something, because each time Daylight Savings rolls around I have to reinvent the wheel and figure out how to change the damn thing. I'm sitting here trying to remember what I did the last time, but all I can remember is the "aha!" moment when I figured it out. I distinctly remember thinking, "Woah, maybe I should write this down, so I don't forget again." I also remember thinking, "Nah, I'll remember it, it's so easy!" Ahem.

"Hey Alli," you suggest, "why not check the manual?" Ah yes, good call... except my car stereo is after-market and I bought the car used, so there's no manual. Another confounding factor is the fact that I've only actually had to change it about half of the time-- various boys who have meandered into and out of my life have taken it upon themselves to figure it out, usually during long car trips (since it really does take upwards of half an hour to crack the code).

I suppose I can just add an hour to the time in my car until September, but I don't really want to make my life any more ghetto than it already is. Instead, I'm sending out an SOS! If you are one of those who has fixed my clock in the past (and remembers how!), or if you just have an idea, please let me know. There's not much to screw up-- I've already mangled all of my presets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home