Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Sunday, September 07, 2003

Recently I lost $2, $1 at a time, in demoralizing ways.

$1. I was walking to the bus stop the morning after a *fun night out*, and my head hurt a lot. I had $1 in my hand, but somehow when I got to the bus stop it wasn't there anymore. So I turned around and saw this little old lady with a hairnet and ortho shoes and shopping bags and all that pick up my dollar. I kind of said aloud, "That's my dollar," but it was just to myself-- she was a block away. She probably went and bought a lottery ticket with it. Damn.

$2. I bought a set of Xmas lights at a garage sale to decorate the tree in my bedroom. It's a regular tree, not an Xmas tree. I just thought it would look nice. My friend Kelly was there and said, "That's a good deal, if they work." Nope. And the garage sale guy probably knew they didn't work. Furthermore, in retrospect, $1 is kind of a lot for used Xmas lights even if they do function. They should have been in the 25 cent bin. Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home