Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Friday, September 26, 2003

Why are telemarketing companies all up in arms about the "do not call" list? I understand that they want to reach as great a market as possible. But it seems to me that the kind of people who sign up for the "do not call" list are going to be the same kind of people who would just hang up on telemarketers anyway. The "do not call" list might actually be good for telemarketers... less time wasted on unreceptive customers.

Why does DSL take so long to connect? I don't need anything installed. I don't need to order equipment. I've seen the DSL work in my apartment, so there are no technical difficulties. Does it take a whole week for them to put my phone number in the computer and hit the enter key? I feel like I'm in a frickin bread line in communist Russia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home