Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Luck is in the air

I feel so free! I just downloaded Trillian and got rid of AIM and Yahoo Messenger. It's somewhat lacking; for example, I don't think I can click on links in people's profiles. Maybe this will help me refrain from checking and rechecking profiles, though (and accidentally clicking on spylinks... damn damn damn).

As I was walking to school today, I passed an LOL carrying some clover in her hand. I was preparing to give her the cursory howdy and walk by, but she thrust the clover in my face and cried, "Look!" There in her hand, she had an honest-to-goodness four leaf clover.

I wonder about the luck that comes with finding a four leaf clover. They're genetic mutants, and you kind of have to wonder what happened to the plant to mutate it. Is the lawn around it saturated with icky lawn chemicals? Did someone hide a radioactive bar in the dirt below it? If you have to get really close to a mutagen to acquire good luck, it doesn't seem worth it. It should be noted that she also had a five and a seven leaf clover. She seemed puzzled by these, and asked me, "Have you ever seen this many leaves on a four leaf clover?" I could honestly answer that no, I had not.

A few paces down the road I found my own four leaf clover. It was kind of jacked, but it's only the second one I found myself in my lifetime. I wish I had taken a picture of it for everyone to see, but I lost it on my way to school. Instead, here's a picture of what I believe is the luckiest plant ever: Rabbit Foot Clover. It's like a 2 for 1 special.


5 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol i haven't read your blog in a while, its so intertaining though. if you are aiming for what that one chick that you shoiwed me, the lazy rhyming pointer out-er, you are totally as good as her. as far as that four leaf clover is concerned, cool beans my friend. cool beans.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger Alli said…

    Thanks for the love! I was just thinking about how much I wish you were on IM. It was so much easier to blab blab then. It's true about the mutagens, though... a four leaf clover is great, but I'm worried that because I touched it I'm going to get a four fingered hand. :o)

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "cool beans my friend. cool beans"

    Wow ... simply amazing.

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    haha yeah, definatley havent used "cool beans" since... october? i thought id throw it in there. can't wait till you come home alli! btw's your new favorite word is 'scrumtrelescent'.

     
  • At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's up alli? Have I never showed you my 4-leaf clover collection?? Well i had a bunch of 4's some 5's and even a couple 6's and an 8. I've never though found a 7-leaf. But that'd be cool! Hope all is well.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home