Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Don't you just love those little flashy buzzy coasters restaurants give you while you're waiting for a table? I do. In fact, I wish their use was more prevalent. For example, I wish my clinic had them. Instead of the patients waiting in the depressing lounge, they could go outside, wander around in the gift shop, or check out the band downstairs.

Other places those little buzzy things would be useful:
-The California Lottery. If your little buzzy thing goes off, you won! (Restaurants would be prohibited from using the buzzies on Wednesday and Saturday nights though, which is somewhat inconvenient.)
-Game show buzzers for classrooms. Instead of the teacher asking you questions, and you raising your hand, or slinking into your chair... the teacher just makes some student buzz! This is especially convenient, because the flashy buzzy action of the coaster also serves to wake the student up, avoiding potential embarrassment.
-A high tech, square, flat, flashy potato to be used for the game "Hot Potato."

The only think I think these coasters AREN'T good for is their intended purpose: coasters. I've never put my drink on one, for fear that it would go vibrating off the end of the bar and crash. Doesn't it seem?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home