Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Why not try some new songs? My most recent playlist:

1. In Our Darkest Hour/Phantom Planet
2. Stockholm Syndrome/Muse
3. Spitting Games/Snow Patrol
4. Honestly/Zwan
5. Stuck In America/Sugarcult
6. Somebody Told Me/The Killers
7. Home/Zero 7
8. The Nurse Who Loved Me/A Perfect Circle
9. Martyr Me/The Get Up Kids

I think it's interesting how all these alt Christian bands are making it big in the mainstream. Witness MXPX, Switchfoot, Further Seems Forever. Has Further Seems Forever made it big or do I just like them a lot? No matter. Check them out.

I've become quite a music junkie over the last year. I remember being 14 in Costa Rica and listening to everyone pontificate on how awesome our Sactown alternative station was, and this DJ and that song... and I was totally out of it. I didn't know who Alanis Morrisette was (although that's hardly the mark of coolness these days), but at the time it was embarrassing to be the only one who didn't know that "Ironic" wasn't ironic and that her last name didn't have s'mores in it. Maybe I'm making up for that now with my incessant iTunes downloading and mix-CD making. Anyway, music is so powerful to me. It helps me through a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home