Stuff that's too long for my AIM profile

Not self-indulgent in the least.

Monday, August 09, 2004

I had a random thought this morning, before 5am, as I struggled to wake up for good. I kept hitting snooze, and I realized I was screwing myself over by taking away my precious getting-ready time in nine minute portions. Each snooze-unit of sleep was making it more and more likely that I would show up late to my first briefing as a medical student (which I did, by about four minutes). It occurred to me that by hitting snooze I was playing a kind of solo "Name that Tune." I was betting myself that I could get ready in 45 minutes... then in 36... then in 27. It's like the guy on N.T.T. who bids the lowest number of notes, maybe two, and then when the game show host says "Okay, name that tune in two notes!" he has this look on his face that can only mean he's thinking, "I'm fucked."

That was me this morning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home